Tuesday, May 25, 2010

God's Love

First, please take a moment to check out LeAnna's blog from today. Her family is in need of some prayer, big time! Even if you don't consider yourself a prayer warrior, read what she wrote and pray as you read it. God answers prayers, God heals through prayers, and God works through prayers. We can never ever have too much prayer or wear God out with our constant request. He loves to hear from us and He loves to move in big ways.  Ephesians 6:18a "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests"  I know LeAnna will be blessed by all the prayers offered up for her family in this time, so even if you don't know her or have never read her blog check it out and bless them with your words to our wonderful maker.

Also, I would love and be honored to pray for any of you. No matter how small you think your problem is or how silly, God cares. Romans 12:10 "Be devoted to one another in brotherly (or sisterly or blogfriendy) love. Honor one another above yourselves." So if you have a prayer request let me know and/or let those around you know.  We are called to be devoted to all of our brothers and sisters in Christ and to be there for them and to honor them and to ask God to grant them joy in the midst of heartache or love in the midst of hate and many other things from depression to infertility to praises for God's great gifts.

I have been thinking alot about how great God's love is. That He has chosen us to be His children. As the birth of our son approaches I have been praying that hubs and I be able to show our son God's great love and that our son will never doubt whose he is. That we will be parents who continually point our son to God and shows him through our life, God's word, and God's working in the world that God in fact is who He says He is and that our son knows God' great love. This world is a crazy place and filled with so much doubt and sadness. I never want our son to question the man God has created him to be or the love God has for him. I know that this will probably happen at some point, and I know that without our son encountering God for himself He will not know God's love. BUT I pray we are able to show him God's goodness and surround ourselves with people who will point him to our wonderful Creator.

I think back to when I first encounter the living God and how dramatically it changed my life. How much hope I found in God's love and truth. I know God's word is true and I know He is who He says He is, even when others doubt or don't believe. When you encounter God for who He is there is no way you can deny Him. When you allow God's love to consume you there is no denying you are in the arms of the Creator. His love is never ending even when we fall away or try to live "our life", He is still there with arms open wide asking us to "Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10.

3 comments:

  1. Very powerful post! And I am praying for your friend LeAnne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sad for leanna and her fam!!!! i've been praying for them!

    the love God lavishes upon us is always so beautifully amazing and humbling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog! and great post by the way...you would like my prayer warrior wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave some lovin'